Sunday, November 24, 2019

Day 21

Early stage is an art.

Late stage is a science.

This short phrase beautifully describes the progression of successful startups into companies.

It's often the reason that most companies experience a transition in leadership as they grow and look to capitalize.

Founders are often great artists and terrible scientists. The monotony and bureaucracy of science takes a toll on their drive.

I don't think it's a fault of the founders. Some want to become a Da Vinci in that they become artistic scientists.

Others recognize their talent as gifted artists and are able to make the conscious decision to move on when the white coats arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 30

According to my calculations, I’ve spent at least a year of my life sleeping outside. When I look back on the years, memories of majestic ...